Looking for the current mortgage rates and/or daily mortgage rate updates?
Our current mortgage rates section is one of the best places you go to stay current with mortgage rates, news that affects mortgage rates and money saving tips.
How To Get The Best Mortgage Rate:
Finding the best mortgage rate is something every home owner and home buyer want to do. The problem is the internet is full of information and it’s hard to know where to start. Here are some simple tips that can save you time and money on your next mortgage transaction.
- Only work with top rated companies (A rating or higher w/ the Better Business Bureau)
- Only work with a Loan Officer with at least 5 years of experience and a strong reputation
- Avoid the hard sell. If a Loan Officer is high pressure then his/her offer is probably too good to be true.
- Ask questions and if the Loan Officer doesn’t answer them directly it’s probably a good idea to find a new Loan Officer.
- Obtain 2-3 quotes and be realistic. If one mortgage company out of 100 is offering a ridiculously low rate then avoid the trap of thinking that’s were mortgage rates are at.
- Service - It's true; you can get low mortgage rates with top notch customer service. Avoid the companies that don’t offer both; especially if you’re a first time home buyer. The best first time home buyer guide can help those that are buying a home and need some extra information to help them better understand the process.
Be Patient Even If You Have Limited Time:
I know it’s hard to be patient with locating a mortgage company to work with; especially if you have little to know time.
But when you search for a mortgage company don’t just go with the one that sounds the best; do you research about the company and the Loan Officer to make sure they are someone you want to work with.
It literally takes 5-10 minutes to find out if they are reputable or if they are someone to avoid.
The Most Important Thing:
Ask questions, and then ask more. You can tell a lot about a Loan Officer and mortgage company about how they handle the questions their clients ask.
To get the best mortgage rate work with a company that will answer all your mortgage questions in a timely manner.